Certified Nutritional Advisor – Organic Chef
Italian Grandmother – Cookbook Author –
Elaine b Good:
I’m a home cook that became professional: I am the grandchild of a farmer and grocery store owner when organic food was called: food. As I was born with food sensitivities in the middle of a great big Italian family, I had to develop my own recipes or starve.
My launch into the business of food began as the Private Chef at market research facilities (cooking for clients executing focus group studies and conducting taste tests for the largest food producers in the world; my commercial shoots as a food stylist and makeup artist brought me to ground zero in marketing. In accomplishing my certification as a food handler and food manager, I was asked to become an instructor and then a food safety consultant. As the Nutritional Advisor and Chef at a luxury rehab facility in Los Angeles: and as a Lead at the American Girl Cafe in Los Angeles I came to see the immediate affect of the food that we eat and the end result of food addiction, beginning with sugar.
All of these professional experiences opened my eyes to a clear understanding of the underbelly of the beast of the industrialization of food (now big fat underbelly, I might add).
- I blog to combat the marketing information that the commercial food industry has used to replace the lack of nutritional education, even in medical school. I have found that my clients only reference to nutrition are literally jingles from advertising campaigns, and it scares me to my core.
- I blog because mass production and the first interest in producing food is to make it more appealing at the market is not only unconcerned with consumers well being, but indeed are proven to be killing us. Including replacing real food with chemical replacements and genetically modifying food, causing us ill health by contributing to the industrialized worlds crisis: obesity and diabetes. You can quote me: “What they have done to our food supply is criminal.”
- My blog shares information through my own experience and education as it pertains to the Circadian rhythm of the micro-bacteria in the intestines and the connection to accomplish strength, stamina and mental focus.
- I blog about the latest scientific research as it pertains to maintaining good health through the food that you eat. What foods can help shift a health issue: Food Sensitivities; Inflammation; GMO’s; Portion Control; Labeling. How I live without drugs or medication: gluten free; dairy free; salt free; sugar free.
- I blog to inform readers of the importance of the food that they eat, why a balanced diet of highly functional foods cannot be replaced with pills or powders.
- Gut-friendly foods in a well balanced diet, locally sourced produce, plant based nutrients all round out the information that I love to share.
I love teaching how to easily organize and manage organic foods to feed the body maximum energy in the most delicious way; there is no higher creative expression of self-love or love of family and friends. We are food machines, if we were still growing our own produce and proteins we would be working sunrise to sunset on nothing else, I learned this first hand from my Grandfathers and Father.
Some think that eating healthy is expensive – IT IS NOT – some think that they don’t have time to cook whole foods – IT TAKES PLANNING – and that’s what my program is all about.
I learned how to tie ingredients to cooking techniques and to put them together to be a nutritionally balanced menu from my Italian Grandmothers and Mother (and the Nutritional Certification I got from Shaw’s Academy).
- I blog to share how cooking your own delicious and healthy food builds self-confidence and a positive mind-set in a life altering way. There is no more important health decision you make than what you eat every single day.
- I blog about how cooking can be fun and that it’s the best way to build a healthy life style. Use your senses: sight, touch, smell, sound, taste to assume responsibility for your nutritional intake. Use simple to follow practical techniques to create delicious seasonal meals that are made just the way you like them.
Cooking schools teach methods to mass-produce food in an assembly line. Restaurants main goal is profit; they work off the same menu for years. In the time it takes for you to decide where you’re going to eat, place an order, eat and get home you could have made your own meal with full knowledge and consent of the food you’re body will assimilate into energy.
Get out of a food rut and save time and money making your own meals. If you have a dietary restriction that you have to cook around, I’m the positive support and information and experience that you need.
So come on into the kitchen, you look hungry~!
Chef Elaine b Good